|Calhoun Construction Services, Inc. is a growing commercial general contractor located in Louisville, KY. Calhoun is looking for a Construction Superintendent with 5-7+ years of onsite experience and knowledge of at least mid-rise, out-of-the-ground commercial, hotel, and large commercial projects. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are vital, with attention to detail equally important.
Compensation will be in line with the experience.
- Oversee all phases of construction from initial planning to completion- Personnel management of all site staff/ subcontractors- Work with Team to plan and execute the project.
- Must demonstrate understanding of site logistics, site safety and construction operations.
- Assures onsite superintendents conformance to company policy and reporting requirements
- Assists the Project Executive and PM in planning and execution
- Supervise all Onsite Construction Activity.
- Understand Product Specification And Scope Of Work Requirements.
- Coordinate review and approval of craft worker time cards
- Monitor and address issues within weekly labor reports
- Review and approve craft worker certifications and trainings for specialty craft roles
- Participate in site orientation training, first hour orientation, and site safety meeting
- Participate in hire and dismissal process of craft workers
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve onsite dispute resolution
- Manage project labor and ensure outstanding project safety, subcontractor performance, on-time scheduling, specification conformance and quality control
- Provide guidance on activities including set-up, work in-place, and project closeout/demobilization
- Create, support, and administrate the project schedule with the Project Manager.
- Coordinate with equipment facility and outside equipment providers for project equipment; i.e. cranes, trailers, trucks, etc.
- Review and verify quantity takeoffs and materials management process during the buyout process for specific scopes of work
Qualifications & Experience:
- +5-7 years of onsite experience and knowledge of commercial construction as a superintendent
- Advanced skills in organizing construction sites and field personnel
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (Spanish Speaking Is A Plus, But Not Required)
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information
- Must possess personal integrity and a superior reputation.
- Current Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- -Or- comparable field experience.
Calhoun Construction is proud to offer you-
- Health Insurance- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Group Life Insurance / AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Long Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time