Independence Bank – Louisville
The history of Independence Bank is a history of people who shared a dream of creating a strong community bank. They envisioned a bank that would provide extraordinary service to its customers and grow along with its communities.
Independence Bank’s roots can be traced all the way back to 1909, when Farmers & Merchants Bank opened in McLean County, Ky. In 1971, Charles A. Reid and Maurice E. Reisz purchased Farmers & Merchants Bank in McLean County as well as Providence State Bank in Webster County. Soon after, Chris Reid joined his father and uncle and assumed a leadership role in the banks.
In 1997, the two small banks were incorporated under one name, Independence Bank. Where did the name come from? From Charles’ granddaughter, Lauren. While on a family vacation in Philadelphia, she noticed Independence Hall looked like a bank. And the rest is history.
Calhoun Construction Services is happy to be a part of the revolution that is growing into their 12th market. Calhoun served as the General Contractor to build a signature location in St. Matthews on the corner of Shelbyville and Westport Road in Louisville.