UofL Health – Jewish Hospital (formerly KentuckyOne Health – Jewish Hospital) opened in 1905 with a mission to provide all patients with the highest quality care and a strong emphasis on research and education. Today, UofL Health – Jewish Hospital is a 462-bed, internationally renowned, high-tech tertiary referral center located in downtown Louisville, developing leading-edge advancements in a vast number of specialties and services.
Many of the hospital’s clinical programs have achieved national rankings for excellence. Noted for numerous medical firsts in Kentucky, the nation and the world, UofL Health – Jewish Hospital is the site of the nation’s first four hand transplants, and the world’s first and second successful AbioCor™ Implantable Replacement Heart transplant. The hospital is federally designated to perform all five solid organ transplants – heart, lung, liver, kidney and pancreas.
Calhoun serves as the construction manager for the renovation to upgrade the existing pharmacy compounding clean room area, to comply with the new USP 797/800 standards, and to receive new robot compounding equipment.
Mary & Elizabeth Hospital Pharmacy Upgrade
Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in 1874, UofL Health – Mary & Elizabeth Hospital (formerly KentuckyOne Health – Sts. Mary and Elizabeth Hospital) is a 331-bed primary care hospital offering advanced treatment in orthopedics, cardiology, medical imaging, surgical and emergency services. Three on-campus medical plazas provide office space for a wide array of physicians representing a number of specialties. Additionally, UofL Health – Mary & Elizabeth Hospital is home to Bariatric Care, the region’s only weight loss management program utilizing the Lap-Band® System. Serving the south Louisville community for more than a century, Sts. Mary & Elizabeth has literally cared for generations of families in this community.
Calhoun is the construction manager on the renovation of the existing hospital pharmacy compounding clean room to meet the new USP 800 guidelines.