Henryville High School

Henryville High School is located in Henryville, Indiana and a part of the West Clark Community School District.

Calhoun Construction served as the General Contractor on the 8,500 sqft interior renovation creating offices and work spaces, as well as, the 2,200 sqft infill of an existing courtyard to create an occupiable space to be used as a library.

Calhoun self-performed select demolition, metal stud framing, drywall and acoustical ceilings.

 

 


New Albany High School Baseball Field

New Albany High School is a public high school located in New Albany, IN.  Founded in 1853 it was the first public high school in Indiana.

Calhoun Construction served as the General Contractor on the new turf baseball field.  The project consisted of a new press box, dugouts, locker rooms, concession area and public restrooms.


New Albany High School Softball Field

New Albany High School is a public high school located in New Albany, IN.  Founded in 1853 it was the first public high school in Indiana.

Calhoun Construction served as the General Contractor on the new girls turf softball field.  The project consisted of a new press box, girls locker rooms, concession area and public restrooms.

 

 


Jeffersonville High School

Jeffersonville High School (JHS) houses students in grades nine through twelve and has an enrollment of approximately 2,100 students.  The JHS mission statement is to provide all students with a diverse education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes self–discipline, motivation, and excellence in learning.  The vision at JHS is to produce learners for life.

Calhoun Construction served as the General Contractor by self performing the renovation of the band room and multiple other small projects for the school.


Primrose School Old Henry Crossing

Primrose Schools® is a national system of accredited private preschools that provides a premier early education and child care experience for children and families. The Franchise Owners, Leadership Teams and School Staff partner with parents to help build the right foundation for future learning and in life.

Calhoun Construction Services served as the Construction Manager and General Contractor for the 2nd Louisville location for Primrose schools.  The location on Bush Farm Road consists of 12,273 sqft accommodating infant daycare through Kindergarten.  The new location included a playground, classrooms, kitchen, cafeteria and offices.

 


Indiana University Southeast Hoosier Room

The history of Indiana University Southeast goes back to before 1941, when they were a branch campus of Indiana University located in Jeffersonville. The current New Albany location started in 1945. As a vital part of our community.

With WWII raging, local businessman Floyd McMurray thought it was important for residents of southern Indiana to have access to higher education closer to home. He founded the Indiana University Falls City Area Center in 1941 as an extension of IU. With tuition at $6 a credit hour and a budget of just under $7,000, the first classes were held in local high schools and middle schools.

In 1945, with a student body of 291, we moved into our own building, and became the Indiana University Jeffersonville Extension Center. For the next 23 years, local students were able to complete their freshman and sophomore coursework before transferring to IU Bloomington. In 1968, we became IU Southeast and awarded our first degrees.

Calhoun Construction Services provided new lighting, audio visual installation and paint for the renovation.


Indiana University Southeast Physical Science Building

The history of Indiana University Southeast goes back to before 1941, when they were a branch campus of Indiana University located in Jeffersonville. The current New Albany location started in 1945. As a vital part of our community.

With WWII raging, local businessman Floyd McMurray thought it was important for residents of southern Indiana to have access to higher education closer to home. He founded the Indiana University Falls City Area Center in 1941 as an extension of IU. With tuition at $6 a credit hour and a budget of just under $7,000, the first classes were held in local high schools and middle schools.

In 1945, with a student body of 291, we moved into our own building, and became the Indiana University Jeffersonville Extension Center. For the next 23 years, local students were able to complete their freshman and sophomore coursework before transferring to IU Bloomington. In 1968, we became IU Southeast and awarded our first degrees.

As a vital part of our community, Calhoun Construction Services was proud to serve as the General Contractor for a complete renovation of the HVAC system of the Physical Science building including all new air handlers, ductwork and boiler systems. Also, included in the project scope was upgrades to the interior finishes including new ceilings and paint throughout the building.


Trimble County High School

Trimble County High School is a Kentucky high school located on highway 42 in Bedford, Kentucky in Trimble County, Kentucky.

Calhoun Construction Services performed as a Trade Contractor with support to Hussung Mechanical for a complete mechanical upgrade for the entire Trimble County High School. Calhoun also self-performed the work on the ceiling, drywall and fresh paint for the school.


Bellarmine University

Bellarmine University is a vibrant community of educational excellence and ethical awareness that consistently ranks among the nation’s best colleges and universities. On the edge of downtown Louisville Bellarmine is set on three beautiful hills in the artful and eclectic Highlands neighborhood. Downtown Louisville is just minutes away and offers world-class theatre, arts, sports, museums and gorgeous riverfront parks. Louisville is situated on the mile-wide Ohio River, at the gateway to the South and the crossroads of the Midwest. Two hundred million people – two-thirds of the nation’s population – live within a 500-mile radius of the city.

Calhoun Construction Services served as the General Contractor for the renovation of the home of the Bellarmine University Knights. The Knights Hall project was a complete overhaul of the building’s interior lighting, lobby, ceiling, exterior paint and the heating and cooling systems. Knights Hall is a 2,196 seat facility. This renovation presented a challenge as the new gym floor had been installed as the first phase of the project and needed to be protected from damage.


University of Kentucky WT Young Library

The William T. Young Library, located on the campus of the University of Kentucky in Lexington, is named for William T. Young, a prominent local businessman, horse breeder, philanthropist and alumnus of the university, who began fund raising efforts with a donation of $5 million. The facility serves as a central library for the university’s social sciences, humanities and life sciences collections and acts as a federal depository and a public library for the state of Kentucky. It holds the record amongst public universities in the nation for the largest book endowment.

Calhoun Construction Services served as the General Contractor on an upgrade and re-purposing of the Library space in the lower level and complete remodel of the office area on the first floor.