Primrose School Old Henry Crossing

Primrose Schools® is a national system of accredited private preschools that provides a premier early education and child care experience for children and families. The Franchise Owners, Leadership Teams and School Staff partner with parents to help build the right foundation for future learning and in life.

Calhoun Construction Services served as the Construction Manager and General Contractor for the 2nd Louisville location for Primrose schools.  The location on Bush Farm Road consists of 12,273 sqft accommodating infant daycare through Kindergarten.  The new location included a playground, classrooms, kitchen, cafeteria and offices.

 


Churchill Downs Starting Gate Suites

Horse racing in Kentucky dates back to 1789, when the first race course was constructed in Lexington. Almost 100 years later, in 1875, Churchill Downs officially opened its gates in Louisville, and began its tradition as “Home of the Kentucky Derby” and the longest continually running sporting event in America.

Calhoun Construction Services served as the Construction Manager and General Contractor for the expansion creating 36 new suites. The project included an addition of a new suite tower on top of the existing grandstand, new elevators, bars, and mutuels. The structure for the new tower is dropped through the grandstand and 2nd floor plaza. The project was completed while the track practiced every day and during three meets.


Derby City Gaming

Louisville Downs was a harness track that ran for about twenty five years.

Louisville Downs was the innovator of every promotional gimmick and multiple wagering format in Kentucky. When it closed in 1991 it was bought by Churchill Downs and was converted to a winter training facility for thoroughbreds.

Louisville Downs was the first track in Kentucky to provide phone wagering and full card simulcast wagering.

Calhoun Construction served as the Construction Manager/General Contractor for Derby City Gaming. This project consisted of an 85,000 sqft facility off Poplar Level Road to accommodate a new form of wagering for the historic racetrack. The facility houses two quick-service, walk-up food venues, and a bar with seating for 50 as well as big screen televisions. It also has 900 historical racing machines and a player’s club reward center that offers special perks and benefits, including an exclusive parking area.